This page provides references for the code and the algorithm along
with some references to applications that have made use of
either version of Athena.
- Gardiner, T, and Stone, J. M., J. Comp. Phys, 205, 509 (2005).
- A New Godunov Scheme for MHD, with Application to the MRI in
disks, Stone, James M. and Gardiner, Thomas A.,
in MAGNETIC FIELDS IN THE UNIVERSE: From Laboratory and Stars to
Primordial Structures. AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 784, pp.
- Multidimensional MHD Algorithms in Athena, Gardiner, T. A. and
Stone, J. M., Numerical Modeling of Space Plasma Flows: Astronum-2006 ASP
Conference Series, Volume 359, Proceedings of the Conference Held
26-30 March, 2006, in Palm Springs, California, USA. Edited by G.P.
Zank and N.V. Pogorelov. San Francisco: Astronomical Society of the
Pacific., p.143 (2006).
- Gardiner, T, and Stone, J. M., J. Comp. Phys, submitted (2006).
- Stone, J. M., Gardiner, T, Teuben, P, Hawley, J. F., Simon, J. B., ApJS, submitted (2007).
- Nonlinear Evolution of the Magnetothermal Instability in Two
Dimensions by I. Parrish, and J. Stone, ApJ, 633, 334 (2005)
- Three Dimensional Compressible Hydrodynamic Simulations of
Vortices in Disks by Y. Shen, J. Stone, and T. Gardiner, ApJ 653, 513
- An Exact, Three-dimensional, Time-dependent Wave Solution
in Local Keplerian Flow, S.~A. Balbus and J.~F. Hawley, ApJ,
652, 1020 (2006).
- Effect of the Coriolis Force on the Hydrodynamics of Colliding
Wind Binaries by N. Lemaster, J. Stone, and T. Gardiner, ApJ 662, 582
- Saturation of the Magnetothermal Instability in Three Dimensions by I.
Parrish, and J. Stone, ApJ 664, 135 (2007).
Return to Athena3D home page.