The preliminary scientific program is shown below.
There will be a limited number of invited
and contributed talks as well as poster
Due to the topicality of the conference subject
we would like the spirit of the conference to be based on
discussion. Therefore, special chaired discussion periods will be provided
when people can present one or two transparencies, on any topic they like,
related to the session being discussed.
People contributing a poster will be especially encouraged to actively
participate in these discussion periods.
In the first part of the conference relevant recent observations will be
presented, and in the second part open questions will be addressed with
emphasis on theory/simulations. The sessions are arranged mainly by
astrophysical topic rather than by wavelength.
The detailed timeline will be generated after the contributed talks have
been selected by the Scientific Organizing Committee.
The official announcement is planned for mid April.
Overview of Meeting
- Cooling Rate
- Intrinsic Absorption
- Cool Gaseous Material
- Magnetic Fields
- Radio Properties of Cooling Cores
- Interaction Radio/X-Ray Plasma
- Star Formation and cD Galaxies
- Temperature, Gas/Dark Matter Density, and Chemical
- Dynamics, Mergers (Sloshing, Trails)
- Cooling in Normal Ellipticals
- Do cooling flows exist and if so how much gas cools to how
- What is the fate of the cooling gas?
- What is the connection of X-ray gas to star formation and
- What is the mutual interaction of AGN and X-ray gas?
- What (other) heating mechanisms affect cooling gas?
- What is the role of magnetic fields in cooling flows?
- What is the chemical and temperature structure of the
- What are the effects of cluster dynamics on cooling flows?
- How do cluster cores evolve cosmologically and affect the
use of clusters as cosmological probes?
- What can high resolution X-ray imaging tell us about
extragalactic radio sources and their environmental