Online non-DSBK Resources
An integral part of the DSBK program is to foster curiosity in our Universe. Since our volunteers cannot always be around to answer questions, here is a sample of our favorite online resources for K-4 education:
- Astronomy Picture of the Day -- Stunning daily images of the Universe
- NASA Kids Club -- Fun activities for Kids generated by NASA
- The Galileoscope -- Inexpensive replicas of the first telescope built in 1609
- NASA for K-4 Education -- Activities at the K-4 Level
- NASA For Kids Only: Earth Science -- Activities for Kids highlighting our fascinating planet
- NASA For Kids: The Solar System -- Activities for Kids spanning our solar system
- Kids Astronomy -- Astronomy games
- Star Child -- Become a young astronomer and explore our Universe
- IYA2009: Cosmic Diary -- Journal entries that explore the exciting lives of Astronomers across the world
- IYA2009:100 Hours of Astronomy -- An IYA 2009 event that brought observers together from around the world.
- 365 Days of Astronomy -- A daily 10-minute podcast about astronomy from people all over the world. Look for numerous contributions from UVa and Charlottesville astronomers. Listen to a special DSBK episode on June 7, 2010!
- Space and Science for Kids -- Sent to us by the 4th graders at Monument Charter School!
- Online Education - The Planets and Space Science