Applying for admission
- Information for prospective graduate applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions about graduate admissions in astronomy
- Applications are submitted through the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences admissions page
Grad student life
- Frequently Asked Questions about typical graduate student life
- Photos from department social events
- Graduate Student Guide from the University of Virginia
- Why some of our current graduate students chose UVa, in their own words.
- A list of departmental faculty and their research areas
- Ph.D. dissertations since 1888
- Master‘s Theses since 1935
- Our local Research pages
- A list of where UVa astronomy grads have gotten jobs
The Graduate School deadline of 3 December is only for consideration for financial aid programs run by the Graduate School. For fullest consideration, all application materials should be received by the Astronomy Department by 15 January.
If you have additional questions or plan to be in the area and would like to visit the Department, don‘t hesitate to contact me. The most efficient method is to use email; my email address for graduate admission information is email@example.com.
Kelsey Johnson and Mark Whittle
Co-Chairs, Graduate Admissions