Department of Astronomy
P.O. Box 400325
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4325
krs9tb [at] virginia [dot] edu
Current Research and Ongoing Projects
Optical analysis of data from APO (Apache Point Observatory) of extragalactic Wolf-Rayet star
- Spectra displaying WR features in star forming clusters in several galaxies
- Observations with the new IFU at APO to investigate the WR line and assist in developing the instrument with the Goddard team
Specializing in star formation and Wolf-Rayet stars with
Dr. Stephen Skinner at CASA (Center for Astrophysics and
- X-ray survey of single WR stars, including a Chandra ACIS observation
of the rare oxygen type Wolf-Rayet star WR 142.
- X-ray and infrared studies of the cluster NGC 2071 using an Chandra
ACIS observation, archive Spitzer data, and an upcoming MMT observation.
- Analysis of X-ray emission from FU Orionis stars using data obtained with
XMM-Newton , including V1735 Cyg.
- X-ray observations of Sigma Ori. This research uses data from Chandra
ACIS-S/HETG (High Energy Transmission Grating).
- Spitzer observations of the massive protostar IRAS 20126+4104 and its
shocked outflow using IRAC images.
- Multiwavelength investigations of the young cluster NGC 6193, focused
on Spitzer IRAC and MIPS data, with some comparisons to the 2Mass database and
images from Chandra and Pico dos Dios.