Department of Astronomy
P.O. Box 400325
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4325
krs9tb [at] virginia [dot] edu
Current Research and Ongoing Projects
Analysis of the early evolution of super star clusters:
- Recent optical spectral observations with the 4m Mayall telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory and the 6.5m Multi-Mirror Telescope
- Data gathered with the 3.5m telescope at Apache Point Observatory and Gemini
- Utilizing archival HST, SPITZER, and Herschel data
Specializing in star formation and Wolf-Rayet stars with
Dr. Stephen Skinner at CASA (Center for Astrophysics and
- X-ray survey of single WR stars, including a Chandra ACIS observation
of the rare oxygen type Wolf-Rayet star WR 142.
- X-ray and infrared studies of the cluster NGC 2071 using an Chandra
ACIS observation, archive Spitzer data, and an upcoming MMT observation.
- Analysis of X-ray emission from FU Orionis stars using data obtained with
XMM-Newton , including V1735 Cyg.
- X-ray observations of Sigma Ori. This research uses data from Chandra
ACIS-S/HETG (High Energy Transmission Grating).
- Spitzer observations of the massive protostar IRAS 20126+4104 and its
shocked outflow using IRAC images.
- Multiwavelength investigations of the young cluster NGC 6193, focused
on Spitzer IRAC and MIPS data, with some comparisons to the 2Mass database and
images from Chandra and Pico dos Dios.