Instructions for setting up Cavalier on an Android phone
NOTE: If you shutdown your phone, the phone locks access to your certificates. Therefore, every time you shut down your phone, it will initially fail to reconnect to cavalier. Go into "manage wireless networks" and then tap cavalier, then tap "connect." You should be prompted for a password which your phone will remember until you turn it off again.
- Download a copy of your UVA digital certificate to your computer using this page
- Download a copy of UVA's USHER certificate from here
- Attach your android device to your computer via USB.
- enable usb data connection on your phone
- copy the .p12 file (your certificate) and usher.cer to the SD card from your computer
- Safely remove the USB device
- import the certificates to your phone. Goto Settings-Location and Security.
- Enable "Use Secure Credentials"
- Tap "Install from SD card". Follow the prompts to install the certificate and set up your secure password
- Now try to connect to cavalier. When prompted, select the following options:
- EAP method: TLS
- Phase 2 authentication: None
- CA certificate: usher
- User certificate: (Your Name + Cert #)
- Identity: mst3k@Virginia.EDU (Capitalization is Critical!)
- Anonymous identity: (leave blank)
- Password: (your password used to make the certificate)
- Hit connect, and enjoy your secure internet!